You need help with Macro Deck?
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I support the development of Macro Deck?
How do I connect via USB?
- Make sure you have installed the ADB drivers for your Android device
- Enable USB debugging on your Android device
- Switch the connection to USB on Macro Deck Server
- Open the Macro Deck Client app on your Android device
- Connect your Android device via USB (make sure it's a data cable and not just a charging cable)
- Macro Deck now should connect automatically after a few seconds
How do I connect to OBS Studio?
- Open OBS Studio
- Make sure you have installed the obs-websocket plugin in OBS Studio
- Set the host and password of obs-websocket in the Macro Deck Server settings
- Now click on the connect icon in the bottom right corner
Why do Windows say "Windows protected your PC" when I start the installer?
- Because code-signing certificates are very expensive I don't own one, so I can't sign the Macro Deck Installer/Server and thats why Windows says "Windows protected your PC". You just need to click on "More info" and then "Run anyway".
Macro Deck Server do not start
- Make sure your anti virus software didn't has blocked the Macro Deck Server.exe during the installation
- Make sure your anti virus software don't blocks Macro Deck Server.exe
- Make sure you have installed the latest version of the .NET Framework
My phone can't connect to the Macro Deck Server
- Your firewall or anti virus software may blocks the connection; Try to add Macro Deck Server.exe to the whitelist
- Your WiFi on your phone isn't connected to the same network as your PC
- The selected port is blocked by your firewall or by the router
How do I use Spotify with Macro Deck?
- Macro Deck Server Version 1.2.6 Beta or newer required
- Enable Spotify in the settings under "Accounts", then login with your Spotify account
- Spotify premium is required to use all functions
Why do my anti virus software detects Macro Deck Server as harmful?
- Because Macro Deck Server has functions which a anti virus software may detects as harmful e.g. the keyboard shortcut. It's just "false positive".
Is Macro Deck collecting any personal data from me?
- Macro Deck Server: collects no personal data from you.
- Macro Deck Client: collects no personal data from you.
- Unfortunately I'm too busy to answer emails for now. I ask for understanding.